Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Does anyone know the process for requesting a subpoena? I despearately need to get into my old email account.

I don't remember the answer to my security question, and my password was changed by someone today. I have important information, contact, documents and credit card/cable statements in my email account. If anyone knows this process please help me. Need access ASAP.

Does anyone know the process for requesting a subpoena? I despearately need to get into my old email account.
You are in a tough predicament. A subpoena is not the route. Legally, an ex parte temporary restraining order, issued under exigent circumstances by court order without the other party present, would be better suited.





But you must know where to file it (which court has power over this person?), you must know against whom to file, and so on. This isn't feasible or practical in your situation. I attached a link for some other ideas on getting your password back.





You MUST IMMEDIATELY contact all three credit bureaus (see link below), your credit card fraud departments, contact your bank(s), contact the Social Security Administration and other creditors you believe may have sensitive information.





Also, it is very wise to obtain a fraud alert service for one year (all of the credit bureaus offer this) which monitors activity on your accounts as maintained by the three credit bureaus.





I know this is a dreadful situation, but you must act now to repair or prevent any damage. Good luck.
Reply:Contact Yahoo support. I tried and they said I would hear back from them, never did.


No comments:

Post a Comment