Monday, May 17, 2010

Is it ok to send my credit card details via email?

i am abroad, have to make a transaction, have no phone, and can do it by email, to my travel agent which i trust, but am afraid someone will intercept the details on the way..


i want to send it from my hotmail account


is it ok, or it can cause potential problems?

Is it ok to send my credit card details via email?
Unless you are using public key encryption (which I doubt VERY much), then no. Email is not secure and you shouldn't transmit credit card details by it.





I suggest visiting your travel agent in person, using a pay phone, or borrowing a friends phone.
Reply:nope, it can be hacked!!! especially to those free email accounts, where security/privacy is not that strong as with paid email account..


No comments:

Post a Comment